Monday, January 28, 2013

The Simple Life, Words of my heart by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Eat the food as you would a loaf of barley bread; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel.”  The Lord said, “In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them.” Ezekiel 4:12-13

On our new diet I often miss baking.  Terry had a 'hankering' for chicken pot pie and chicken is really not often in our diet but in these winter months I have used it to make a few things. So this day was the day to jump away from ritual of plant based eating and we had homemade chicken pot pie. 

Using the rolling pin that was the rolling pin of a grandmother, I immediately felt a sense of comfort in preparing this meal.  Often missing the now adult kids, cooking for two brings simpler meals.  

I do believe that God wants us to live a simpler life. It is a life that you will grow comfortable in. Change is always hard and sometimes bitter sweet, but we must remain trusting in Him with every step through the constant change in our lives.  The simpler we live, the easier the change. 

Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Join my Mailing list for a once a week email. I will stop posting here daily in about a week.

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace