Saturday, April 28, 2012

Peace in Silence, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Silence...


is a state of consciousness containing peace.  Turning away from the chaos churning in our lives.  No TV, no music, no other voices, no noise... simple silence and with it comes peace.


When was the last time you went there? Eyes closed or open, your heart knows the way with its steady beating. I always think of Skaitook Lake in Oklahoma just outside of Tulsa.  It was a long ago day and my first ride on Terry's English Dart catamaran.  It was not a gusting windy day but enough to sail gently. I laid on the trampoline flat and closed my eyes feeling the cool spray of water across me, feeling the gentle slapping of water on the bottom of the trampoline and the warmth of the sun.  No words were spoken...only the gentle silence of peace.


That is where I go when things are tough.  After 22 years, I can still put myself on that trampoline and feel it all over again. All thoughts vanish and concerns fall away. 


So no matter what happens in life... I can find my peaceful silent place in just seconds.




Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


"Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, for he will speak peace to his people." Psalm 85:3

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace