Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Life Softly Spoken, Words of my Heart by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Life Softly Spoken


With over 30 years of teaching experience in both public and private schools and my own art studio, I have learned early on that speaking softly and saying less controls children the best. When you set the mood of your classroom, it always works best to keep it simple.  


The KISS method was one my husband told me was used by all the mechanics at American Airlines. They referred to the acronym as Keep It Simple Stupid...but I had to adjust that for the classroom to Keep It Simply Soft. My classrooms were home away from home for these children as they spent more time with me during their waking hours than they did with anyone else.  


I wanted that to be quality time with both respect and gentleness. I found that softly spoken word last night when Terry and I watched a series on Netflix. My heart was moved to the core of my soul in a scene from the upper room. 


It was a series called CLOSE TO JESUS, the stories of those he touched.  It includes Mary Magdalene, Joseph of Nazareth, Judas, and Thomas.  It is directed by Raffaele Mertes who has done quite a few movies including one on the Holy Family, The Apocalypse, and Esther: the Bible.  We watched the first one in the Close to Jesus series on Thomas.  The setting was just after the crucifixion. It started out sort of slow but within about ten minutes I was on the streets with Thomas as he sought to find the body of Jesus. By the end of the movie you realized Thomas ran in search of something that was right there in front of him. He was outspoken and direct and simply would not let go of what he saw or wanted to see. The other disciples and Mary Magdalene each had their own struggles.  The disciple that stood out the strongest was not the casting of Peter as the Rock, but the soft spoken highly convicted disciple John.  In the series his eyes seem to penetrate your soul as he softly repeats the words of the 'Master'. He never seem to have second thoughts or questions... he simply believed. He spoke from his heart in a place of love.


As you bring yourself to prayer with the Father and then to life today... keep at heart the KISS method, keep living from your heart, a place that is filled with pure love.  Keep your faith simple and steady as Jesus shares it. 


Words of my heart, Laurie
A Texas Artist Laurie Pace


“Why were you searching for me?” he asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” Luke 2:49

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace