Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Eat Your Vegetables a shared thought by A Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Eat Your Vegetables

A command that still lingers in my head from childhood.

Or ...remember the starving children in the world.

As an artist/mom I would make sure the plate I put before my children was colorful.

I had one that would not eat eggs.

There was one that would not eat corn or mashed potatoes.

Finally there was one that ate everything. He is that way in life too...he has to try everything, the good and the bad.


God offers the same to us in full color every day.

We have before us in this day so many choices for our lives. Our choices affect others around us.

Living in a rut afraid to sample life makes me question if that is living or just existing waiting to die.  What are you putting off in your life?

What would you love to do and what would it take to enable you to do it? What are those dreams?
God has promised to give us the treasures of our heart. He wants to celebrate our lives with us. Are you ready?


We don't have to eat only vegetables... God made cupcakes too.   Don't be afraid to live your life.     

Laurie

“Then they will call to me but I will not answer;  they will look for me but will not find me, since they hated knowledge  and did not choose to fear the LORD.  Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke, they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes. For the waywardness of the simple will kill them, and the complacency of fools will destroy them;  but whoever listens to me will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.”Proverbs 1:28-33

No comments:

Word of the Heart to share.... by Laurie Pace